Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Director Search: Wirtz Labor Libary at the Department of Labor in Washington DC.
Information International Associates, Inc. (IIa), an information and
knowledge management company, seeks an innovative, energetic and
enthusiastic manager to lead the Wirtz Labor Libary at the Department of
Labor in Washington DC.
Requisition Number 09-0034
Post Date 7/1/2009
Title Library Project Manager
- Ensures the efficient and effective day-to-day operations of the
library. - Implements and maintains appropriate library materials and
in both print and non-print form.
- Develops and implements strategic plans for the Library.
- Analyzes and coordinates departmental budget estimates.
- Hires, trains, manages and evaluates staff including technical
assistants and librarians.
- Establishes library policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains, in conjunction with the IT Department,
appropriate and accessible electronic resources in the library.
- Performs regular collection analysis and development.
- MLS or equivalent from ALA-accredited school
- Three years of experience in management and supervision of libraries
(government library experience preferred)
- Experience interacting with high level government officials and
contracting personnel - Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team to
achieve library and corporate goals.
- Good PR skills and excellent communication capabilities.
- Knowledge of integrated library systems and other automated library
- Ability to interpret policies and to coordinate budgets.
- Ability to qualify for National Agency Background Check.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship