Standing Committee on the Salaries and Status of Library Workers.
- To investigate the extent of the presence and role of unions among library workers.
- To report findings to the ALA-APA Standing Committee on the Salaries and Status of Library Workers.
- To work towards the initiation of a relationship and dialogue among ALA, ALA/APA, and national unions representing library workers, in order to improve their salaries, working conditions and status.
- To encourage ongoing research and publishing on unionization in libraries.
- To develop union support and advocacy materials for the Better Salaries Task Force Tool Kit.
- To be the permanent interest group within ALA/APA that would serve as a resource for both active and developing unions of library workers.